Preschool and Kindergarten (Not available at this time due to Covid restrictions)Available Sunday mornings during the 10:30 AM mass. The children will reflect on the Sunday lectionary readings through music, arts and crafts and prayer. Children must be registered to participate
Faith Formation Programs for 1st through 5th gradeThrough Bible readings, arts and crafts, prayers, and catechetical lessons our children and families will receive materials and support to enrich their lives and faith journey each week over the school year. (Gatherings will be both on-line and in person as Covid restrictions allow.)
Sacramental PreparationTo foster the necessary understanding of faith at a child’s particular age level a minimum of two full consecutive years of catechetical instruction is to precede the reception of sacraments. Appropriate sacramental readiness, not chronological age or school grade will determine a child’s preparedness to encounter Christ in a sacramental celebration. (Diocese of Santa Rosa)
First CommunionPreparation begins in 1st grade (or first year) in our regular Faith Formation program and continues with specific formation for the Sacraments of Reconciliation and First Communion in the 2nd grade (or second year).
ConfirmationPreparation begins in the 6th grade (or first year) with the focus on Sacraments and the Bible. It then continues in 7th grade (or 2nd year) with the focus on the Sacrament of Confirmation, the Church, and the Holy Trinity. Any parent wishing to enroll an older child (3rd grade to high school) wanting to receive further Sacraments (i.e., Baptism, First Communion or First Reconciliation), may contact the Director of Faith Formation for more information. You and your child are invited to a period of Inquiry!
Youth MinistryWelcomes all teens (grades 8th through 12th) Youth Ministry provides opportunities to explore who we are as Catholic Christians in our everyday lives, relax with some fun games and prayer. We meet weekly to provide support and friendship to each other in our journey of faith.
RCIA – Rite of Christian Initiation of AdultsCan you relate to any of these questions?
- What do I have to do to become a Catholic?
- I was baptized Catholic, but that’s about it. How do I get my other Sacraments?
- My fiancée is Catholic, and we want to get married in the church, and I want to become a Catholic – what do I do?
- I’ve been out of the church for a while, but started coming back here and want to catch up on what’s been going on since I left – are there classes or something like that to find out?
- I am trying to be responsible in my obligation to raise my children Catholic – but I realize how much I don’t know about my own faith, how can I catch up to help them in their Religious Education?
- I was born and raised a Catholic and now that I am an adult, I want to learn more about who we are as Catholic’s, what we believe, and why we believe it, is there an adult study group for this?
- We have so many programs here for young children and teens – Is there a way adults can get together and learn about the church’s teaching on topics and issues of today?
Director of Faith Formation:
Phone: 707-539-4495 ext. 13